Posts Tagged ‘Pizza Trivia’
Pizza is good….But, are pizza-flavored items good?
We’ll let you decide.
Take a peek at these crazy pizza creations.
- ICE CREAM: Max & Mina’s in Queens, NY, once tried to market a pizza-flavored ice cream. It was unsuccessful, but other odd flavors such as corn on the cob, whitefish, and beer-flavor survived!
- JELLY BEANS: Popular jelly bean manufacturer Jelly Belly has made, in addition to a “popcorn” flavor, pizza-flavored jelly beans!
- BEER: A company in Illinois has developed Mamma Mia Pizza Beer … a pizza-flavored beer that is currently on the market.
- POPCORN: A company called Uptown Popcorn sells pizza-flavored popcorn. Two of the best snacks for movie night, combined!
- HOT DOGS: Recipe site Yummly.com has a number of recipes for “pizza hot dogs.”
- PRETZELS: A company called Pardoe’s sells pizza pretzels, called “Pardoe’s Perky Pizza Flavored Pretzels!”
Of course, there are also gummy pizzas sold (a favorite candy amongst the kids!) as well as many a variation of the pizza-burger, pizza-taco, and pizza-bagel. Many common snacks come in pizza flavor, from Cheetos to Doritos and even Goldfish. Even some dog treats have pizza flavoring! An ideas-oriented website even had a thread of people posting about pizza and other food flavored bubblegum.
To each his own.
What is your favorite non-pizza, pizza treat?
Leave us a comment and let us know!
~~ Ashley Boynes-Shuck
We know pizza is one of the most popular foods. We’ve done a blog on its history. And we serve it up – fresh and yummy - every day. So, we know our pizza….but even we were surprised by some of these fun pizza facts!
So, here’s sharing some awesome trivia facts. Category? Pizza!
The Margherita Pizza was named after a Queen.
Approximately 3 billion pizzas are sold each year in the United States…and that may be a low-ball estimate!
Popular international toppings include, but are not limited to: pickled ginger, minced mutton, and tofu in India, squid and Mayou Jaga (mayonnaise, potato and bacon) in Japan, curry in Pakistan, and green peas in Brazil. In Russia, they serve pizza covered with mockba, which is a combination of sardines, tuna, mackerel, salmon and onions. Red herring is also popular in Russia. In France, a popular combo is called the Flambee, with bacon, onion and fresh cream. Australians enjoy shrimp and pineapple on their pizzas; while Costa Ricans favor coconut. Yup — coconut on pizza!
America’s first known pizza served was in New York in the year 1905.
Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza each day!
93% of Americans eat at least one pizza per month.
The number one day for U.S. pizza consumption is Super Bowl Sunday, and second is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving — which is also one of the biggest drinking nights of the year!
Pepperoni is the favorite topping in the U.S.
Pizza is one of the “most-craved” foods in America. Also on the list? Cheese, chocolate, and ice cream.
For more fun pizza facts, check out this infographic!
~~ Ashley Boynes-Shuck