Posts Tagged ‘Cranberry’
With the winter holidays steadfastly approaching, many people will pack on a few pounds due to all of the delicious food all around.
But, if you’re having pizza for your office holiday party or enjoying a slice during a football game, it doesn’t always have to be “unhealthy.”
In fact, Pizza Sola offers many healthier pizza options: try toppings such as fresh peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, and spinach on a classic pie. Or, try a white pizza with chicken and broccoli. You may also enjoy The Herbivore or Sergeant Peppers – great ways to get your veggies! There’s always the option of having one of our tasty garden salads or our Veggie Weggie Solazone if you aren’t in the mood for pizza.
Lastly, don’t forget about our signature Vegan Pie. This Vegan pizza is a cheeseless pizza with banana peppers and pineapple.
Other ways to make your pizza experience a little healthier? Opt for water to drink instead of pop or beer. Skip dessert (for now) or, hey, why not walk or bike to one of our 4 convenient locations?
However … we won’t be mad if you just want to indulge. I mean, the holidays are coming…you can always feel free to treat yourself, and burn it off later!
Whatever your pizza style, we ask you to enjoy any one of our tasty dishes.
~~ Ashley Boynes-Shuck
Pizza is good….But, are pizza-flavored items good?
We’ll let you decide.
Take a peek at these crazy pizza creations.
- ICE CREAM: Max & Mina’s in Queens, NY, once tried to market a pizza-flavored ice cream. It was unsuccessful, but other odd flavors such as corn on the cob, whitefish, and beer-flavor survived!
- JELLY BEANS: Popular jelly bean manufacturer Jelly Belly has made, in addition to a “popcorn” flavor, pizza-flavored jelly beans!
- BEER: A company in Illinois has developed Mamma Mia Pizza Beer … a pizza-flavored beer that is currently on the market.
- POPCORN: A company called Uptown Popcorn sells pizza-flavored popcorn. Two of the best snacks for movie night, combined!
- HOT DOGS: Recipe site Yummly.com has a number of recipes for “pizza hot dogs.”
- PRETZELS: A company called Pardoe’s sells pizza pretzels, called “Pardoe’s Perky Pizza Flavored Pretzels!”
Of course, there are also gummy pizzas sold (a favorite candy amongst the kids!) as well as many a variation of the pizza-burger, pizza-taco, and pizza-bagel. Many common snacks come in pizza flavor, from Cheetos to Doritos and even Goldfish. Even some dog treats have pizza flavoring! An ideas-oriented website even had a thread of people posting about pizza and other food flavored bubblegum.
To each his own.
What is your favorite non-pizza, pizza treat?
Leave us a comment and let us know!
~~ Ashley Boynes-Shuck